Property Maintenance Technician
Mission Possible (MP) is a non-profit organization and social enterprise located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. We support individuals challenged by homelessness, poverty, addiction, mental illness, and other barriers to employment to achieve a renewed sense of dignity and purpose through meaningful work. Through our employment readiness program, and our social enterprises, MP Maintenance & MP Neighbours, we equip our program participants with the skills, confidence, and support they need to rejoin the workforce and rebuild a self-sustainable livelihood for themselves.
Tenacious. Empowering. Supportive. Humble. Compassionate. These are Mission Possible’s core values, and we’re looking for someone who also holds these values to join our incredible team as our Property Maintenance Technician.
- MPM Supervisors
- Permanent full-time, 40 hrs/wk
- 8 hr/shift
- May require some evening and weekend work (shift premium paid for after-hour work)
- $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Modelling of excellent work habits
- Ability to deliver quality and efficient work
- Understanding of property upkeep and maintenance
- Competency when dealing with people in public settings
- Willingness to complete OFA1, Narcan, and Non-violent crisis intervention training
- Works with Property Maintenance Supervisors in performing quality exterior commercial cleaning services to customers including pressure washing, awning, canopy, gutter and window cleaning, landscaping, graffiti removal and site cleanup
- Following standard operating procedures for particular lines of service; including pressure washing, awning, canopy, gutter and window cleaning, landscaping, graffiti removal and site cleanup
- Ensures safety of those on the job site, use of the equipment and those in proximity of equipment being operated
- Attends and makes contributions to meetings as required
- Ensures work area, vehicles and equipment are maintained, organized and safe
- Use work order software from a smart phone
- Use of Google email and Google Drive
- Sets a positive example and leads in absence of a supervisor for MP Maintenance Associates
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Class 5 Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract
- Willing to complete a Background Check
- Three week's vacation to start
- Employer-paid benefits after 90 days (Extended Health, Dental, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and Employee Family Assistance Program)
- RRSP matching after 90 days
- Professional development opportunities
We value, support, and thrive in a diverse and inclusive workplace. Those with diverse abilities are encouraged to apply.
If you feel you're a good fit for this role, please apply with your cover letter and resume, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until we find the right fit, so we encourage you to get your application in as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!