Are you ready to start working?
Do you want to work, but are you not sure how to start or what steps to take? We are here to help you! We offer pre-employment training, one-on-one coaching and support to help you achieve your goals. Get involved with our Employment Readiness Program (ERP) by following these steps:
- First, sign up for an Information Session. This will be the first step of getting involved and will only take about 30-40 minutes. During this session at our office, you will have the opportunity to learn more about how we can support you on your journey towards steady employment and what transitional jobs we have to offer. If you are interested, we’ll ask you to fill in a form. Then, we can sign you up for the next workshop.
- We offer at least one workshop series a month! Our 3-half day Employment Readiness Workshop is a launching point into the program and you will learn, or enhance, valuable skills that will be applicable to any job!
- After finishing the workshop, we connect you with one of our coaches to refer you for an interview.
- After the interview we will set up an orientation. This orientation will be your first workday, so it’s paid! Following completion, you will be scheduled for shifts every week for 6 months.
- While working with us, you receive one-on-one coaching bi-weekly with your coach to work on your goals and steps to employment after the 6-month contract.
We run two tracks of the ERP:
- This track is for all genders. Facilitators, participants, and supervisors of all genders participate in this track.
- The women’s rack version of the Employment Readiness Program is a track for all self-identified women. All steps in this track are facilitated by female Mission Possible staff and supervisors. Shifts for this track will be with women only. Attention to providing flexibility for (single) moms is given.
Info Session Co-ed: Every Thursday 09:00am and 10:30am
Info Session Women’s Track (all self-identified women): Every Wednesday 10:30am
To come to our information session, you do not need to bring anything. You can either sign up online HERE, by phone or in person in our office - or just drop-in. (Please make sure you are on time.)
Everyone is welcome and no commitment is needed at this point.
Service providers: If you would like to request an information session onsite, please email [email protected] or [email protected] and we’re happy to look into possibilities!
When you’re part of our Employment Readiness Program, you have the opportunity to start work with the Mission Possible’s Clean Team. Our Clean Team works morning and afternoon shifts, 7 days a week. The teams go out in different Neighborhoods in Vancouver for exterior cleaning; mostly litter and needle pick-up.
What you’ll learn and gain:
- Team & independent work skills
- Social skills & time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Increased confidence
- Ability to explore different areas in Vancouver
You will also receive coaching from one of our coaches and meet lots of great people! We also provide a lunch to enjoy together as a team once a month.
“Keeping the neighbourhoods clean brings me pride. I get a lot of compliments from people, they say thank you and they smile when they see us around. It makes you feel good”
“To me it’s a miracle that MP helped me. I believe in myself again. I have motivation in myself again. MP taught to me to value myself again and be a better person”
“Overall, I just want to get up every day and go to work and do something where I feel like I am making a difference in my city and if I can help someone along the way, that would be icing on the cake”