Development and Communications Assistant - Temporary Contract
We are searching for a Development and Communications Assistant who will work with the Director of Partnerships on Development and Communications projects. This position will run from early June through late August, with potential for extension.
The Development and Communications Assistant will:
- Assist with social media accounts for the organization, including content development, planning, and execution to maximize engagement and reach
- Assist with website updates, blog posts, monthly e-blasts, and newslettersProvide administrative and logistical support to the planning of a large gala as well as other events as needed
- Assist with auction management including securing and tracking silent auction and raffle prizes, creating bid sheets, and auction displays
- Support event volunteers; assist with the recruitment of volunteers and ensure volunteers have the information and support they need to perform their role
- Assist with donor stewardship, including writing letters and making phone calls
- Other development and communications tasks as needed
Our ideal candidate has:
- Superior organizational skills and an astute attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skillsAbility to multitask and balance a varied workload
- A professional and outgoing manner and ability to interact respectfully with a wide variety of people
- The ability to work within a team environment but also to work independently
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate for meetings and events on evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Google Suite
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or post-secondary degree (or major) in a related field (e.g. business, communications, etc.)
- Previous experience working in fundraising or communications is an asset.
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment is an asset
- Or the equivalent combination of related skills and experience.
As this role is being funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program the following are eligibility requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act., and
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The position remain open until we’ve found the right candidate, so please submit your application ASAP.