Community Engagement Assistant - Temporary Contract
We are searching for a seasonal Community Engagement Assistant who will work with the Employment Program Manager on our community and employment programs. The Community Engagement Assistant will be creating programming for those who are part of Mission Possible's Employment Readiness Program, which supports individuals who face barriers to employment to navigate a journey to permanent employment. This position will run from early June through late August.
The Community Engagement Assistant will:
- Organize and execute recreational and community building activities that help build confidence and connection for those in the Employment Readiness Program.
- Plan additional recreational and community building activities to be carried out in the subsequent months following the summer employment.
- Participate in recruitment of participants for the Employment Readiness Program through connecting with social service agencies, social housing providers, drug and alcohol recovery programs, and employment centers to share the opportunities with clients.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent oral communications skills and superior organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and balance a varied workload
- A professional and outgoing manner and ability to interact respectfully with a wide variety of people
- Promote the Mission Possible Employment Readiness Program to those who might be ready for work
- The ability to work within a team environment but also to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working in managing volunteers is an asset.
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment is an asset.
As this role is being funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program the following are eligibility requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act., and
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The position remain open until we’ve found the right candidate, so please submit your application ASAP.