Housing Support Volunteer
- Position Type:
Volunteer; 3-10 hours per month at MP office: 648 East Hastings Street
The Housing Support Volunteer will work alongside the Coaching Team, with any of the Employment Readiness Program Participants when they are in need of additional support in finding and applying for housing. This can include and is not limited to researching housing options that fulfill their needs, accompanying them to housing offices, and assisting with the application process or phone calls. The volunteer will work under the supervision of the Momentum Coordinator and planning will also be facilitated with the Hospitality Coordinator. For this role, it is important to work with compassion and empathy towards the associates’ challenges, and empower individuals to make positive movement toward their housing goals and towards their employment goals through Mission Possible’s Employment Readiness Program.
The Housing Support Volunteer will:
- Welcome associates who have an appointment and let them lead with their support questions
- Inform associates about housing options and lay out steps
- Provide support in application process, phone calls, filling out forms, etc.
- Provide support to help reach associates’ housing goals/needs and expectations
- Keep themselves informed about the newest social housing developments and changes in the area
- If needed, has the ability to accompany people to meetings or appointments
Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to work during the week (some time between 9am-4pm)
- Experience working with the DTES community is an asset
- Knowledge of the social housing systems is an asset
Reports to: Momentum Coordinator
- Monthly check-ins in person or over phone/zoom with Momentum Coordinator.
To apply, please email your resume and motivation to [email protected]