Director of Development and Communications
Tenacious. Empowering. Supportive. Humble. Compassionate. These are Mission Possible’s core values, and we’re looking for someone who also holds these values to join our incredible team as our Director of Development and Communications.
- Temporary, full time, 40 hrs/week
- $55,000-70,000 annually, commensurate on candidate’s experience
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Extended health and RRSP matching benefits after 90 days
- Professional development opportunities
The Director of Development and Communications will be responsible for overseeing the strategic planning, implementation, and execution of all fundraising and communications initiatives for Mission Possible, including donor engagement, stewardship, grants, events, marketing, and public relations. This is a maternity leave coverage position, some flexibility is available (4 months to 1 year) for the right candidate.
This role is team-based. The Director of Development and Communications will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with other members of the Leadership Team, the Development Team, and other Mission Possible staff. They will interact with donors of all levels, community partners, volunteers, and program participants. Much work will take place in the Mission Possible office (as per pandemic safety protocols), and require a great deal of multi-tasking, efficiency, and flexibility. Some off-site work may occur, including photo and video shoots, donor meetings, and donation pick-ups.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing and executing the fundraising and communications strategies for the organization
- Leads, mentors, and elevates the members of the Development Team, which consists of 3-5 tenacious individuals
- Manages all aspects of donor acquisition and engagement, including monthly donors, individual giving, grants and foundations, legacy giving, major donors, and corporate and financial community partnerships
- Manages all aspects of communications and marketing for the organization
- Research and initiate new development, media, and other PR opportunities to expand Mission Possible’s public profile and donor base
- Ensures the branding and messaging of the organization are consistent with Mission Possible’s values, voice, and mission
- Coordinates and manages the Mission Possible Gala, any additional signature events, as well as third party fundraising events
- Works together with the Fundraising Committee and Gala Committee
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience in fund development, with some experience in a management role
- Knowledge of strategic and operational planning
- Aptitude for budgeting, forecasting and ongoing fundraising analysis
- Strong leadership qualities to quickly establish trust, respect and buy-in amongst stakeholders, donors, and staff
- Experience managing social media accounts, newsletters, and curating print materials for a non-profit organization an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with donors and supporters, and to connect with individuals of diverse abilities and backgrounds
- Demonstrated project and time management skills along with strong attention to detail
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and fundraising database experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team and deliver confidently under pressure
- Knowledge of and compassion for the complex challenges and demographic of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
We value, support, and thrive in a diverse and inclusive workplace. Those with diverse abilities are encouraged to apply.
We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis until we find our successful candidate, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. We thank all interested individuals for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.