Development and Communications Coordinator
Tenacious. Empowering. Supportive. Humble. Compassionate. These are Mission Possible’s core values, and we’re looking for someone who also holds these values to join our incredible team as our Development and Communications Coordinator.
- Permanent, full time, 40 hrs/week
- $41,000-47,000 annually, commensurate on candidate’s experience
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Extended health and RRSP matching benefits after 90 days
- Professional development opportunities
The Development and Communications Coordinator will work directly with the Development Team to meet the fundraising, marketing, and communications needs of Mission Possible. This position will take a key role in the fund development of the organization, focusing on special event coordination and logistics, social media content development and strategy, website content development and maintenance, and donor development and relations.
This role is team-based. The Development and Communications Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of Partnerships (or by the Executive Director during maternity leave), and will work closely with other members of the Development Team and other Mission Possible staff. They will interact with donors of all levels, volunteers, program participants, and other supporters of our organization. Much work will take place in the Mission Possible office (as per pandemic safety protocols), and require a great deal of multi-tasking, efficiency, and flexibility. Some off-site work will occur, including events, venue site visits, donor meetings, and donation pick-ups.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage all social media accounts for the organization, including content development, planning, and execution to maximize engagement and reach
- Interview past and present program participants and write stories for marketing and awareness collateral
- Assist with website updates and newsletter content
- Write and send monthly e-blasts and blogs
- Correspond with donors by phone, email, and/or mail
- Work with Development Team to achieve strategic goals
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the planning of a hybrid fundraising gala as well as other fundraising events as needed
- Assist with auction management including securing and tracking silent auction and raffle prizes, managing correspondence with prize donors during the planning stage and with prize winners after the event
- Support volunteers, practicum students, and other assistants in their roles, including answering questions, delegating tasks, mentoring and helping them with tasks as needed
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers and ensure volunteers have the information and support they need to perform their role
- Grant writing, media opportunities, and research support
- Other tasks as assigned by the leadership team
Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Superior organizational skills and an astute attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and balance a varied workload
- A professional and outgoing manner and ability to interact respectfully with all individuals
- The ability to work well within a team environment but also independently
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate for meetings and events on evenings and weekends as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite and Canva
- Graphic design experience an asset
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience working in non-profit environment, fundraising and/or communications
- Experience working in the Downtown Eastside community is an asset
- Previous experience with grant writing and research an asset
- Relevant post-secondary education Diploma or post-secondary degree in a related field (e.g. communications, marketing, fundraising, non-profit) an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required
- Or the equivalent combination of related skills and experience
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We value, support, and thrive in a diverse and inclusive workplace. Those with diverse abilities are encouraged to apply.
We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis until we find our successful candidate, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. We thank all interested individuals for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.